[Bf-gamedev] Using blender timeline features

Owen Alanzo Hogarth gurenchan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 13:21:25 CEST 2015

Hi Sybren

I had no idea about BGE but after your last email I did some research and
it looks pretty amazing. The platform support seems a bit lacking though
but that gave me an idea.

There's SDL which supports a wide range of platforms, mobile and desktop
alike. Could I say create a scene, export that blend file and use SDL to
control it? I would prefer to avoid rebuilding the wheel and if loading
those .blend files and controlling them through SDL proves something that's
performant enough then I would prefer to take that route.

P.S.
I don't use unity I would like to stick it out with open source software
and tools. I don't mind putting in the development time to get this working.

Where is the blender player? I'll take a look around and see if I can get
it to work.

Best,
Owen