[Bf-gamedev] Proposal to (try to) get better FBX support

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 17:57:31 CEST 2014

Why not work on the bge?

with the exception of screen space normals, and efficient draw call
batching, I don't see any fatal flaws with it,

What is stopping it from being great? it's not GPL, as far as I can tell,
as most game developers are not writing anything that has not been done
before, and if they are, it's not like someone can't copy the idea without
access to the code.....

here is my own work in the engine, (almost alone at this point)
this is a walking ragdoll, that supports both ik animation, and physical
scene interaction,
when bullet 3 hits the main stage as people upgrade video cards, you should
in theory be able to run 100's of walking ragdolls.

why not a open project?
(I am biased) but my own project looks pretty good :D

I have worked for a year on this for free.....:P