[Bf-gamedev] FPS Navigation feedback

Sebastian A. Brachi sebastianbrachi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 07:18:47 CET 2014

Hi dfelinto, thanks for the addition of the FPS navigation, I've been
testing it a lot in video game levels and works very smoothly. I have some
feedback, maybe it was mentioned in BA, cause I haven't checked there.

1) Maintain camera position when exiting FPS navigation. Positioning the
camera with the FPS navigation it's more convenient some times, however I
couldn't make it to stay where the navigation brought me, having "Lock
camera to view" enabled. Goes back to the position when it was before
entering FPS mode.

2) A small text below "User Persp/Camera/etc" in the 3d view like "FPS
mode" might be nice, in cases ctrl+f is pressed by accident, plus that in
certain cases the aim arrow are not visible(see below). Maybe also "gravity
on/off". Might help to get users to know there's that mode in first time
use.

3) The center point/aim marks are barely noticeable when using textures in
the scene in my experience. Can these arrows have custom colors or the same
colors as, for example, the wire selection mode?

4) I notice when I jump I can fall through the floor. Seems to be caused by
other objects/meshes laying in the main floor mesh, like decals and
garbage/decoration. I can easily reproduce it and have example files if
you're interested.

5) Space to jump, v to teletransport feels much more natural :)

thanks!
Regards