[Bf-gamedev] Lua

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 17:49:59 CEST 2013

I can understand your frustration Campbell.  I've never participated in any
of those previous discussions, but this is something that has been kicking
around in the back of my mind for a while, and seeing that we have a
Blender gamedev list reminded me of it yet again.  It could just be that
having one language is good enough for 90% of people and going from 1 to 2
is a big enough step that nobody really wants to take it for the 10% that
really care.

In computer science if you have 2 of something you should support an
infinity of it ;-)

If I really really want to use Lua then I'll get it done.

I'll have to think about the LLVM or Mono suggestion.  LLVM especially is
something I need to learn more about for reasons outside of Blender, so I'd
have a good reason to look into that.