[Bf-gamedev] Photoshop PSD support

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 08:29:22 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I started the implementation for PSD support for Blender internal (cycles
already supports it). The initial target is to support the combined layer
of PSD files (aka, flat file).

It would be nice to see if it works in Unity as it is (so you create an
asset file in Blender, use a .PSD as texture, export as fbx and open on
Unity).

I recorded a screencast where you can see its current state:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYMrfNwamCk

Patch:
http://www.pasteall.org/45817/diff

Repository:
https://github.com/dfelinto/blender-svn/pull/1

Photoshop PSD and other implementation ideas:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Dfelinto/Ideas

Note: old Blenders have support for PSD via Quicktime library. But due to
license issues this was discontinued.

I will resume working on this on Wednesday, but if someone (Brecht,
Campbell?) can take a first look and drop some comments on github, it would
be much appreciated. (if someone else wants to voice in let me know and I
can add you as contributor to the repository).

Cheers,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto