[Bf-gamedev] FBX export enhancements

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 19 17:47:36 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,
So I finally got to the end of my first refactor of FBX export. Do not
yet expect 7.3 support or binary export, but here are the news:

  * Export polygons and no more tessellated quads/tris!
  * Export split vertex normals.
  * General cleanup of code (in mesh export only), much compact and
    somewhat better performances (about 20%, with size reduction of
    color/uv layers).

I did some quick tests with the only tool I found available for free
under Linux (Beginner license of HoudiniFX), things seems to work OK,
but I’d like to get some more tests from artists here who also have
Maya/3DS Max available… Simply replace existing io_scene_fbx directory
(in your addons path) with*this one.
<http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/5/5e/New_io_scene_fbx_export_001.zip>*