[Bf-gamedev] UI; Improvements and Customization

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Oct 6 13:34:25 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Paweł Łyczkowski <pawellyczkowski at gmail.com
> wrote:

> @Colin @Aubrey
>
> Hey
>
> An UI refresh is planned for the 2.7x series, and the commutity has been
> very active recently in proposing what the refresh could consist of (you
> can see the biggest thread about it here -
> http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?298932-Blender-UI-Mockups-and-Ideas-Requested
> ).

To be clear, there is a lot of activity around this topic from users, but
as far as I know, no developers have announced any big plans to refresh the
UI.

Ton mentioned something about refreshing the default settings in the
roadmap, but that's not the same thing.
http://code.blender.org/index.php/2013/06/blender-roadmap-2-7-2-8-and-beyond/

Maybe with all the activity there is a good change that developers will get
interested in working on this topic, but I wouldn't say that it is actually
planned yet.

Brecht.