[Bf-funboard] Initial Splash Screen

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 00:58:15 CEST 2018

When Blender initially loads it shows the "splash" screen which shows
off a nice featured image and we can select from recent documents.

But I don't like that this happens after a layout has been loaded. Which
means we favor one layout over others and can potentially confuse
users who want to do something drastically different like video editing
or compositing, for example.

It might be nice to make the featured image *full screen* and not load
a layout at all. Instead show the users a list of recent documents along
with a list of layout types

A mocked up image is below:

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=5ebaaffdb65b53d1dd0f22219c4b3faf

Regards, Harley