[Bf-funboard] request about principled bsdf to tint reflection color

艶月堂 topsider_001 at mail.goo.ne.jp
Sun Jul 22 07:26:04 CEST 2018

I am 3D hobbyist, then I have searched way to change reflection color with
principled bsdf.

Can I request it to blender cycles developer, adding “socket” which just
change glossy color (reflection color)  of principled bsdf?

I already know, for PBR workflow, “tint” reflection color” may not be
recommended. And it show un-natural ( physically in-correct) reflection.

But as 3d hobbyist, I often hope to get more flexibility about principled
bsdf to make material what I imagine, even though it beyond physical nature.

It is my favor, and request, “add node (or input socket) to change
“reflection color” from white (1, 1, 1) and tint only about glossy and
specular reflection color. , (decoupled from “base diffuse color”)

Of course, default value is set as “1,1,1” but if user can decide
reflection color as option, without any additional node.,

Only use one principled bsdf,,(and textures),  may not break many user
workflow, and I believe, it just add more flexibility

With user purpose.

I think it is not so difficult for cycles developer.  I hope to know if
there is reason, developer, and blender user do not hope it?

I know Principled bsdf is offered to make PBR material easy. , But offer
variation is not bad for most of 3D hobbyist who hope to use blender.and
mainly use principled bsdf (it is simple and easy to use)

I know, I might achieve it with other basic other shader nodes,  color mix
nodes,  If I learn more about cycles nodes.

but it may not be reason which deny “adding the option for principled
bsdf”…

So it is really appreciate, if blender developer consider, this request.