[Bf-funboard] Icons – How can I generate icons if "make icons" doesn't work?

mond at email.cz mond at email.cz
Tue Apr 3 12:59:34 CEST 2018

Hi,
were is the right place to ask for compile blender issue?

I wanted to generate icons from SVG via CMake with "make icons" under OS X,
but it fails even I can see "blender_icons_update.py" in the directory

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/How_to/Add_an_icon

Error

"/Users/filip/blender-build/blender/release/datafiles/blender_icons_update.
py"

env: python3: No such file or directory

make: *** [icons] Error 127

Also if I follow build instructions with "make" it fails

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Mac

Error

Configuring Blender in "/Users/filip/blender-build/build_darwin" ...

/bin/sh: cmake: command not found

make: *** [all] Error 127

Why it tries access "build-darwin" directory. If I follow instruction there
snot any folder.

("blender-build" consist only from two folders "blender" and "lib")

I can compile blender opening CMake generate Xcode project and build it as
described, but I can't it just with simple command "make" as wiki says.

Thanks for direction :)

Filip (vklidu)