[Bf-funboard] Mesh.brushStroke tools

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 18:49:40 CET 2017

Hello,

For the 2.8 project and the acceleration of 2.8 addons or scripts in py,

Could we have an api to operate on vertex pos, color, and uv texture on a
pixel level calling math in C using spatial trees?

like

mesh.stroke(math,[dictionary_Variables], kd.find_range(pos,radius) )

to operate on vertex to sculpt and potentially paint in 1 stroke?
without ever iterating over the verts in py?

The idea is the  math would use the defined variable only, as well as data
gathered from vertex themselves and from kdtree return

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgXHhty9Bec - this is using a kdtree to
paint a bunch of vertex or sculpt them in the bge

a similar function could help here as well for dynamic sculpting in game or
for terrain destruction like craters, avalanche etc.

here I operate on a mesh with over 16,000 vertex in py,
it's not the getting points that is slow,
it's iterating over the returned vertex that is slow

*side note*, is it possible to add a vertex in range search to our
mathutils.bvhtree ?
(where the points are gathered around a radius near the hitpoint?)
https://docs.blender.org/api/blender_python_api_2_75_3/mathutils.bvhtree.html

could we also have a bvhtree.fromKX_MeshProxy?