[Bf-funboard] "Frame Dropping" and "AV-Sync" should be only one mode.

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 20:58:48 CET 2017

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure but I think Frame dropping keeps the film going at normal
> audio speed by dropping frames when the video becomes slower than the
> audio. AV-Sync does not drop frames (but I think the playback and get
> messed up if the video is to slow.).

The docs page you linked says both "Frame dropping" and "AV-sync" modes
drop frames. What's not clear is what "frame dropping" is synchronizing the
playback rate to. It just says it drops frames if "playback is too slow".
Too slow for what?

No Sync - Do not sync, play every frame.

Frame Dropping - Drop frames if playback is too slow. This enables Frame
Dropping from the Playback Menu.

AV-sync - Sync to audio clock, dropping frames if playback is slow. This
enables AV-sync and Frame Dropping from the Playback Menu.