[Bf-funboard] "Frame Dropping" and "AV-Sync" should be only one mode.

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 20:23:15 CET 2017

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Mario Sottile - Marionetas Mey <
mariomey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that Blender should have only two modes, called: **No-Sync** and
> **Frame-Dropping**. And this last mode, obviously, should have audio and
> video synchronized.

I'm not familiar enough with the issue to comment on what the current
"frame-dropping" mode is for....but IMO we should *not* rename "AV-Sync"
mode to "Frame-Dropping", or have the two available options be "no-sync"
and "frame-dropping". That is very confusing, as it drops the most
important label from the latter mode, which is that it performs an
audio-visual sync.

If the "frame-dropping" mode isn't useful, it seems more sensible to just
remove it and have "No-Sync" and "AV-Sync". If it is useful, perhaps it
should be renamed to be more clear what it's for. (since it's *purpose* is
obviously not just to drop frames)

Does anyone know exactly what the distinction between "Frame dropping" and
"av-sync" is right now?