[Bf-funboard] Append Asset (by Drag&Drop) via File Browser Editor

mond at email.cz mond at email.cz
Tue Jun 20 18:09:12 CEST 2017

Thank you for quick reply :) I didn't know in what condition it is now. I
just had to start using AM addon from pitiwazou, that does not fits to me so
well and even before you start to work on blender asset manager I always
preferred to use File browser editor for that purpose instead of tool shelf
(also way you handle assets is more natural to blender's way).

Tool shelf is great only if you need expand 3D view editor so you keep
access to assets (that is not priority when you need to ad asset).
Browsing in assets is quite complex task with many items that tool shelf
will never able to handle efficiently.

I hope you and b-fundation will give AM more love (as used to say).
It's a shame to see growing things like viewport development and not AM that
can give blender much faster workflow.
I mean Eevee looks awesome, but if I compare benefit from AM and viewport ..
.

(What really make me sad is attention to broken basics - like multiselect
for "Dimension" in properties panel. I understood its not easy to fix it,
but seems to me essential to have these elementary things working.)
Sorry for too many words. I'm looking forward to see a progress :)
---------- Původní e-mail ----------