[Bf-funboard] Custom limited interfaces

Tom madtom1999 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 2 11:34:46 CEST 2017

I was at a 3d printing session recently and they were looking for an
open source 3d app for kids to design simple badges to be printed. I've
used Blender for this sort of thing but the normal interface is far to
complicated and bewildering for use by little ones - its too easy to get
lost. Is there a way of creating custom interfaces that limit the menu
items to that required for a certain functions such as this?

Failing modifying the interface itself would it be easy to use (say)
python to create a new interface to the Blender core to allow simple
functions to be carried out on (say) a Pi3

Tom