[Bf-funboard] Adding a RAW Photo Editor to Blender

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:40:03 CET 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 5:11 PM, luke etyrnal <luke.etyrnal at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Knapp ,  "Blender is made for making films " .  Have you been around since
> the beginning of Blender?

Yes.

> It was designed for 3D modeling, rendering,
> animating.  It has a physics and game engine too.  It's original PRIMARY
> function was the 3D modeling, animation, & rendering.  90% of the tools are
> aimed at that.  All of the film editing features are BARE MINIMUM tools.
> And when you talk to the blender devs in IRC, asking them to improve the
> video editing tools, they suggest that if you need video editing tools that
> are more robust, you should use a more robust video editor -- i.e.  they
> don't consider it to be a video editing suite.

No, mostly the add what I ask for or tell me why it is a bad idea.

You might be shocked by how many people watched my tut on using blender as
a film editor. It is a very needed product in the open source world.

I am not saying they are going to agree with me in this case, that is for
them to say but I think it is a reasonable request.

--
Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.