[Bf-funboard] Kickstarter Project which will use Blender - Questions about Developing Features

jason ford jason40 at rogers.com
Sat Sep 10 21:36:39 CEST 2016

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct mailing list for this topic, let me know otherwise.
I'm developing a Kickstarter project; a video about general human anatomy, via an ecorche model. It is difficult to develop a proper ecorche model in Blender due to the lack of a proper muscle rigging/simulation system. I do expect I will need a Blender developer anyways for small things here and there throughout the project, and I've allocated a budget for that.
However, I'm willing to expand the project's budget and this person's role to include developing a superior muscle rigging system that will meet the project's demands. I looked at all the To-Do's and upcoming Blender development blogs/lists and found nothing on a muscle system, though I did see a vague mention about rigging improvements in general. There are some existing add-ons, but I feel it can be done better. If I were to do this, I would certainly aim for something that meets Blender's standards and could be added to some future version.

So I'm here asking if this is a good idea or not; I don't want to attempt this just to have whatever is developed be thrown away.