[Bf-funboard] Bevel - Preview vs Render Segments

Zauber Paracelsus zauber at gridmail.org
Mon Sep 5 18:36:32 CEST 2016

With the Bevel modifier, would it be possible to split the Segments
property into Preview Segments and Render Segments, so that it uses one
for the viewport preview, and another for the final render?

One thing that I have started doing is adding the Bevel modifier to an
object twice, with one having fewer segments and being disabled for
render, while the other one has more segments and is disabled for viewport.

Splitting the segments property into preview and render versions would
be useful, since doing things the way I am now would mean that any time
I change the other bevel properties, I have to make sure I remember to
apply those changes to both of the bevel modifiers.  Plus, adding this
would reduce clutter on objects with several modifiers.