[Bf-funboard] UI Proposal: Loading screen when initially loading Blender

Matjaz Lamut matjaz.lamut at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:23:51 CEST 2016

Hello,

The first question that pops into my mind is, what benefit this would bring
to the users?

On my laptop's HDD Blender loads in a few seconds from a fresh start, and I
imagine it would be even faster on an SSD. That doesn't seem like it would
need a loading screen for those few seconds. In comparison, GIMP on its
first run after install can take up to a minute or more to start and there
a progress screen helps show there's something happening.

Matjaž