[Bf-funboard] Save buttons...?

Jeffrey italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:06:42 CET 2016

When you quit blender, it saves the last state of the working file under
a temp folder as quit.blend. This always saves the last session you were
working in, so if you forgot to save, even if it was never saved to
begin with, you can open that file and recover your work. There are
other recovery methods that are outside the scope of this discussion,
but they do exist. There is even a user pref that allows reloading the
quit.blend save when you start blender (user prefs -> file -> autosave:
keep session). The only time quit.blend won't have your data is if
blender crashes. Even so, it attempts to save the scene in a new temp
file before it quits. While it may not cover every corner case, it has
been solid enough for me for tough testing.

--
Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover