[Bf-funboard] Feature Request: Uniformity setting for the Decimate modifier

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 03:17:12 CET 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:27 AM, Jacob Merrill
<blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> also +1 for a 'preserve symmetry' ?

This was added for 2.77

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77/Modeling#Modifiers

> also, UV does not seem to work like it used to...
>
> I check it, decimate, and then a whole slew of UV mapped faces get merged...
>
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Julio Iglesias <j at zafio.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 plus "Delimit" options for Collapse mode would be a lifesaver.

Yep, would be good to support custom-data checks to delimit seams,

Could someone provide a test-case where collapsing UV's gives
especially bad problems?

>> On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Zauber Paracelsus <zauber at gridmail.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > +1 for this.  I see the problem with both the Collapse and Planar
>> > modes.  Planar, however, does have some "Delimit" options that cause it
>> > to stop at things such as material boundaries, seams, sharp edges, and
>> UVs.

>> with
>> > in

>> > that