[Bf-funboard] external python modules

Alex Fraser alex at phatcore.com
Sun Jun 5 14:12:49 CEST 2016

Hi Max,

On 5 June 2016 at 21:00, Max Voss <maxivoss at hotmail.de> wrote:
> I really like to do fancy stuff with blender, fancy meaning stuff that depends on external modules [...]

I'm not sure if it will help in your particular case, but did you know
you can use pip to install modules for Blender's own Python? It's
currently a little broken due to inaction on my part, but there is a
workaround. See:

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/14489/how-to-use-the-pip-library-in-blender
https://developer.blender.org/D1805

If you do it this way, you only need to write a script (in Python or
whatever you like) that runs pip to fetch the packages you need. I use
this myself to install Python packages for Blender in a Docker
container.

Cheers,
Alex