[Bf-funboard] external python modules

Max Voss maxivoss at hotmail.de
Sun Jun 5 13:00:42 CEST 2016

Hello all,

I really like to do fancy stuff with blender, fancy meaning stuff that depends on external modules, which means every new blender version I dread upgrading because I know there will be a version mismatch between the python version blender uses and the system default version where package managers and maintainers take care of keeping things nice and functional.

 Which really means that if I want to continue using modules I installed I can choose between a) not upgrading b) compiling *everything* from source myself: python, the lib and blender. Why everything? Because mismatching compiler versions also break compatibillity.

Can I somehow convince "the devs"/you to use the ubuntu default version instead? Is there really that much gained by being 3 - 4 months ahead of that when it break compatibility with *every* python module I could conveniently install with package managers and copying functionality?

I hope this is the correct mailinglist?

cheers,

Max