[Bf-funboard] Seed for Pick Random option of Particle Render

Zauber Paracelsus zauber at gridmail.org
Sun Jan 10 20:16:16 CET 2016

Under the Render panel for the Particle, you can set the particle to
Group and then tick "Pick Random" to make the particle render as a
random mesh.  However, the algorithm used for to select a random object
is (like most randomization algorithms) only able to produce a fixed
sequence.  Naturally, there is good reason for this, though in some
cases you want to have a different random sequence.  In my case, I was
attempting to use particles to randomize the features on buildings for a
city scene I am working on.  Due to the way the randomization works, the
same object gets "randomly" chosen every time.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to allow you to specify a
seed value for the Pick Random option, so as to provide more control
over the randomization.  And if the seed can be controlled via driver,
then that opens up more potential.