[Bf-funboard] Rectangle select (B key)

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 21:00:38 CET 2016

This might sound odd but what I really hate now and what was way better
before was the shortcuts.
B for box
and
BB for circle select. It was so fast and automatic. C is NOT an improvement
although I do get the logic of it but in practice it sucks.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 8:58 PM, Jonathan Williamson <jonathan at cgcookie.com>
wrote:

> Delete with MMB is default behavior currently.
>
> > On Feb 13, 2016, at 1:58 PM, Jacob Merrill <blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, shift+b sounds like it flows with everything else,
> >
> > Another thing, if you tap mouse 3 while box selecting, can it remove all
> > that are selected that are inside the box? Like circle select?
> > On Feb 13, 2016 11:51 AM, "Jonathan Williamson" <jonathan at cgcookie.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Honestly that sounds horrible…to me at least :)
> >>
> >> The problem with those kind of explicitly direction-based gestures for
> >> selection is that they will often require you to first move your mouse
> >> an appropriate location before starting the selection, as opposed to
> simply
> >> starting in the current location and moving whichever direction is most
> >> ideal.
> >>
> >> This may sound small, but small gestures like that can force your
> >> attention away from the task at hand, instead making you first fulfill
> the
> >> requirements of an otherwise simple task.

> >> the
> right
> selection.

Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.