[Bf-funboard] Rectangle select (B key)

maximo remedios maximoremedios at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:27:39 CET 2016

Hi All,

Border select (or rectangle select) adds to the previous selection, so in
order to select only the contents of the rectangle selection you are going
to make, one has to deselect first. As a result it is a lot more time
consuming. How do you guys work? Most 2D or 3D software I've used have
rectangle selections but they don't add to the previous selection by
default. If you want to add to the previous selection, simply do: shift +
rectangle select. It makes more sens to me but maybe I don't see the
benefit of the current settings.
Is there currently a way to remove the "add to the previous selection" part
of the rectangle select? If not, may I suggest to add that in the user
preferences/input?

Many thanks,

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>