[Bf-funboard] Selection sets

Maxim Tkachenko malefic.max at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 11:38:30 CET 2016

Hi all!
Thank you all for the great work!

I have a little question/feature request.
Is there are some kind of a selection sets (polygroups) in blender?
If it is not implemented yet, then it just should )
I now use materials (!) for saving polygons selections. And vertex groups
for vertices. I can not save edges selection (using vertex groups is
impossible for this purpose, because, for example, if I select  |_| this
kind of edges and save this vertex group, I will get the upper edge
selected too; saving polygons selections have the same problem).
The perfect solution would be to have the same list for edges and polygons
as we have for vertices. And a little more functionality, that woud be
great to have with polygroups/selection sets implemented:
- Display all the polygroups on the model with different colors (it's just
a must have with complex models)
- Exclusive display of selected polygroup(s)

--
Sincerely
Maxim