[Bf-funboard] Feature Request: Uniformity setting for the Decimate modifier

Paweł Łyczkowski pawellyczkowski at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 15:19:31 CET 2016

Hey,

Problem: The Decimate modifier sometimes creates a very uneven mesh, with
some triangles really small and some really big and/or long. This is ok in
certain cases, not ok in others.

Example: I had cases where I would want to decimate the mesh more, but that
caused big long triangles and ngons in the flat areas.

Solution: A Uniformity setting would allow to limit the disparity between
the triangles the decimate modifier creates. 0 would be the current
behaviour, 1 would create an even mesh, and everything in between a
gradation between those two.

Best,
Paweł Łyczkowski