[Bf-funboard] Manifold Suzanne

- LEON - leon4you at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 01:46:41 CEST 2016

I think there can be an possible option to choose whether it should be
manifolded (the eyes part) whilte adding a new Suzanne to the scene.
However, as far as I see, things like the "Max Teapot" is also a
non-manifold one by default. But I'll vote for it since this can be a
simple option, since I did have to sometimes manually bridge the eyes to
the eyepit in quite a few cases, when demonstrating features like boolean
for example.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Tiago Estill de Noronha <
TiagoTiagoT+Bf-funboard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hm, isn't it recommended that topo for faces should have loops around the
> mouth as well?
>
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 10:21 AM, John Roper <johnroper100 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Take a look at
> > https://rightclickselect.com/p/general/ygbbbc/suzanne-correct-topology
> >
> > On April 16, 2016, at 8:15 PM, gandalf3 <zzyxpaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Since Suzanne is such a readily available and beautiful test model (and
> > a symbol of open-source), I and I'm sure many others use her daily to
> > try out all sorts of effects.
> >
> > However, many such effects encounter problems with those non-manifold
> > eyes: boolean operations/cell fracture, refraction, volumetrics . . . to
> > name a few.
> > This potentially confuses and annoys both new users and experienced
> users.
> > I wonder how many have already put their own manifold versions of
> > Suzanne in their startup.blends? (I know I have)
> >
> > What is the official position on giving the official Suzanne an
> > eye-upgrade?

Leon Cheung
a.k.a. Zhang Yu | 老猫