[Bf-funboard] Layer visibility lock

Julio Iglesias j at zafio.com
Wed Sep 23 03:45:18 CEST 2015

Here is a recurrent situation: I have 3 layers:

Layer 1: High res model
Layer 2: Low res version (LOD0)
Layer 3: LOD1, etc...

I would like to have a 3 light setup in a separate layer, so I can
alternate layers and compare them (quite often I change the lights too),
but I'm forced to duplicate the light setup for each layer, because if I
press 1, 2 or 3 keys, there goes the lighting layer, and using Shift is
kind of cumbersome for comparison purposes.
I can think of other contexts where an user would like to keep one or more
layers always visible. And I'm positive I'm not alone here.

Suggested solution:

An option to lock the layers, obviously! O:)
Personally, I would love to just press the layer number hotkey twice (or
double click on the layer button), but that probably would conflict with
the flow somehow... ?

So perhaps CTRL+SHIFT+LayerN, so it can also be used with ALT for the
bottom row.
and CTRL+SHIFT+LMB on the layer buttons.

As for visual feedback, maybe something like this?:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2294713/mockups/blaylockico.png

Anyway, I guess this could be done in python, except for the visual
feedback part, right?

Regards.