[Bf-funboard] Middle click paste

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:31:28 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:39 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Blender currently uses middle-mouse for 'pan' in 2d views - so it
>> conflicts a bit.
>>
>> Also, if we use MMB for paste, then it follows we should support
>> select-to-copy...
>> We _could_ do it for X11 only... if there was a well implemented patch
>> to support... I guess it could be OK.
>>
>> But am not really motivated to work on it myself.
>

> Can't you tell/test when you are in an edit box or exit window and do it
> just then?

Yep, its possible.
Another problem, It didnt cross my mind replying to last mail, but
currently text boxes select text when you activate them. (mainly
useful for number buttons where you often enter in new values)...

If we support selection -> clipboard... this conflicts (it even
conflicts in X11 sometimes when an application auto-selects text for
you).

This becomes a hassle to design around, am sure there are solutions
exist... but its a reasonable amount of work to support fairly obscure
functionality.