[Bf-funboard] Saving Sound files.

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Wed May 20 19:39:39 CEST 2015

On 05/19/15 10:25, Knapp wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:57 AM, gandalf3 <zzyxpaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/19/15 00:02, Knapp wrote:
>>> I have a movie that I imported into blender. Blender breaks this up into
>>> sound data and video data. I then edited them both and now need to save
>> out
>>> the edited sound file so I can clean it up with a sound editor but
>> blender
>>> seems to have no way to just save out the edited sound file. BTW I can't
>>> edit it in the sound editor because I need to see the video to see where
>>> cut the file.
>>>
>>> Can this be done and if not can we add it?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>> There is a "render audio" button in Properties panel > Render > Render
>> (next to the still and animation render buttons). Does this do what you
>> want?
>>
>> --
>> -gandalf3
>>
> LOL, is that ever hidden! IS that button new? I don't recall seeing it
> before.
I believe it was added in 2.70 (replacing the "play" button which was
there before, hence why you might not notice the change without looking
closely).
It may not be the most optimal place (it feels sort of odd having an
audio operator button among all those image/rendering buttons), yet I'm
not sure I'd call that "hidden"..
> No, I have not tried it yet but I think it will render all the
> sound strips. I need to save the selected one only.
Oh. I don't know of any way to do that directly, but you could use Ctrl
I (invert selection) + H (mute) to temporarily disable all strips except
for those which were selected. The mixdown operator does not include
muted strips, so this should work.

--
-gandalf3