[Bf-funboard] File Browser feature request

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Thu May 7 08:33:08 CEST 2015

+1 to this.

Perhaps a simple way to do this without requiring extra options is to
use the last used settings. I've been wishing for a way to set the
default sort method since forever.. ;)

Here are some questions from blender stack exchange which may give some
ideas as to what functionality users are missing..
http://blender.stackexchange.com/q/23159/599
http://blender.stackexchange.com/q/29156/599
http://blender.stackexchange.com/q/23131/599

On 05/06/15 23:08, Knapp wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:53 AM, David McSween <3pointedit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Showing scalable icons in file browser is excellent, it means that the user
>> can set up the display to show the assets in the best way for them.
>>
>> But every time I spawn a *new browser* in an *alternate* window, my choices
>> are reset to a default view. I want the choice for Blender to remember
>> where I was last time I used another browser window elsewhere.
>>
>> Having a user defined "view style list" would be ideal. Like the current
>> path "Bookmarks" on the side panel
>>
>> This way a user could define an preferred view style based on their
>> intended use, separately remembering the last opened folder would make
>> navigation smoother.
>>

>> Thank you
>>
>> David Mcsween
>>
> What are you talking about. I don't have scalable icons or perhaps I don't
> know how to use them.
I think David is referring to the experimental work being done on the
file browser:
http://code.blender.org/index.php/2015/01/assets-filebrowser-preliminary-work-experimental-build-i/

> I would love for blender to remember what file mode
> it was in too. It always resets for me.
>

> Douglas E Knapp
>
> Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
> http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm
> Please link to me and trade links with me!

-gandalf3