[Bf-funboard] Feature request: customizable VSE strip labels/captions (or at least more logically arranged)

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 11:20:09 CET 2015

I gather that the open movies use a structured path to indicate scene/
shot/ version etc. So that they probably don't need an alternate naming
convention per strip. But smaller projects require adhoc tracking
especially when sourcing media from novel or unusual locations. If you are
getting media from a LAN or WAN then you could be in a world of path hurt,
with path-ception burying the asset name from view.

I also imagine that we are talking about adding another asset 'variable',
hanging the API? Anyway perhaps this could be leveraged to link strips
together (as met strips have their drawbacks. It would be nice to select
based on this altered name. This would mean that you might be able to group
strips via naming convention?

This small but important work flow change (writing names) can be found with
many other VSE suggestions at the forum thread:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?299319-Help-redesign-the-Blender-Video-Sequence-Editor
!

Cheers,
David Mcsween