[Bf-funboard] Bf-funboard Digest, Vol 115, Issue 15

Maxim Tkachenko malefic.max at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 21:36:28 CEST 2015

There is a Geometry node and it has a Backfacing output. If you will mix
two different shaders, using this node in the Fac enter of Mix node, you
will have second shader applied to faces with negative normal direction
(polygon's back face).
Isn't it what you want?

> There was something called one sided in the old render engine but not in
> cycles. It had to do with game engines. I don't know if it is still there
> or related to what you want.
>

> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Nkansah Rexford <nkansahrexford at gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > My question was, one side of a plane textured, the other side untextured.
> > That means, when I unwrap a plane for instance and I apply a texture, I
> was
> > looking for a means to say it should apply the texture to only face
> > infront, and not face at the back.
> >
> > I looked at your blend file. I only see it to be one texture applied back
> > and front of the face.
> >
> > Concerning using two planes, yes that's a workaround. But I was thinking
> > maybe a way to apply texture to only a single side was available, and if
> > not maybe will be nice option.

> > wondering

> > > Are you saying you want two sides of a face to have different textures?
> > > If so why not just make two faces, one on each side?
> > >

> > --
> > +Rexford <http://google.com/+Nkansahrexford> | khophi.co
> > <http://khophi.co/about>
> >

> --
> Douglas E Knapp
>
> Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
> http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm
> Please link to me and trade links with me!

С уважением,
Максим Ткаченко
http://itcomp.org.ua
http://b3d.org.ua