[Bf-funboard] Adding a good way to scale something to 0

Diego Gangl dnicolas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:19:10 CEST 2015

Hi, I don't think scaling to 0 is something users usually do multiple
times everyday, specially in modelling.

It is something you do though, so I'd recommend adapting Blender to
your workflow. One way would be adding a new hotkey for scaling to 0.
Go to preferences > input > 3D View > 3D view generic and add a new
key. Set this as the operator: "transform.resize". When you input the
operator all the settings will show up and you can set the different
axis to 0, etc.

If you need help setting key/s, try blenderartists.org or the CGCookie
community forums

Cheers!