[Bf-funboard] Adding a good way to scale something to 0

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:39:26 CEST 2015

Really, I think this is a good place for it. It is also a good idea, IMOHO.
This is the official place to come and talk about new ideas for improving
Blender. It is not the dev list. It is simple, it is quick and there is not
much point in discussing it. You ether want it or not.
I don't see how it would harm anything. It would help to speed up the work
flow.
What would you get out of posting it in a private forum?

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Hadrien Brissaud <hadriscus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Adam,
>
> these pet peeves of yours are very understandable but all have rather
> simple solutions (in your case custom shortcuts bound to pie menus seem
> ideal); I'd advise posting on blenderartists.org before resorting to
> emailing this list - I am no developer but this kind of inquiry probably is
> more suited to the forums ?
>
> Hadrien
>
> On 4 June 2015 at 11:19, Adam Preisler <adam at preisler.me> wrote:
>
> > I am sure many of us scale to 0 very often. Therefore it's a shame there
> is
> > no QUICK way to enter 0 and confirm.
> > Double tapping G is edge slide, double tapping R is trackball, double
> > tapping S is nothing.
> > I think that double tapping S should be scale to 0 and confirm, if you
> > wanted different axis it would be for example
> >
> > S+Z+S
> >
> > S+Y+S
> >
> > S+X+S
> >
> > S+Shift+Z+S
> >
> > I don't really care if it is done with S or not, but I would simply like
> > way to scale to 0, since that is what I need like 40% of time I press S.
> >
> > Thanks for reading,
> >
> > - AP

Douglas E Knapp

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: