[Bf-funboard] Triangulate Modifier extension

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Sat Jul 18 16:55:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

during my work with 3D printers I often came to a point where a new
functionality of the Triangulate Modifier would be handy. I like to have
the triangulate modifier produce a Mesh, so that the result can be used
with other Mesh Modifiers (on same or different object). I am not sure
if this can be done in Blender (scenegraph or whatever) but would be
quite usefull (so as a Extrude Modifier which also can extrude Meshes
without faces)

For example, make a Text Object, add a "Triangulate". Use this (now
Mesh) for a cube to Boolean Difference the text from the Cube. Voila a
fully editable "customizable" result.

Maybe it would also be possible to call this a "Convert to Mesh" Modifier.

Best regards,
Carsten

--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/