[Bf-funboard] Graph Editor key value display & input suggestions

Jeffrey italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:13:38 CEST 2015

If you open up the properties region of the graph editor, you can input
a specific value for the active keyframe there, but you cannot copy to
selected like you can for other attributes.

If you go to view -> check "show sliders" you can input a value like
most other attributes in blender (click on the value, type number, press
enter OR click and drag down the list to set all values the same OR
click drag down, then sideways to scrub them all up or down). However,
that will not change the keyframe you have selected, but the current
value on the curve. So if you don't have a key on that frame, adjusting
the value in the slider will create a new key.

I'm throwing in a vote for being able to set multiple key values at
once. You can snap cursor to key, then snap selected keys to cursor, but
that's a four or five step process for something that should take two or
three at most. Being able to copy to selected would be best, I think.
That would make it consistent with the rest of blender.

On 07/15/2015 09:02 AM, Julio Iglesias wrote:
> Hi! An option like this would help to quickly check, compare and set key
> values:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2294713/mockups/blendgraph1.png
>
> Also, I really miss being able to select a key and input an "absolute?"
> value (is it currently possible? couldn't find a way...)
> So in the example above, I know the selected key is 0.012, and I would like
> the two keys on the bottom corners to be -0.012, so it would be nice to be
> able to select those and press (for example): G > Y > Y > -0.012.
>
> I guess this last thing could be scripted, but how about the first one?
> would it be possible?
>
> Regards.

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover