[Bf-funboard] Side panels autoscroll

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 21:19:08 CEST 2015

What about keeping track of the scroll position per panel per object?
It seems scroll postion is already independant per panel, so I'll assume
the second object being added is of a type that supports modifiers (and
so has a modifier panel).

Then:
1. Select object with huge modifier stack, scrolled to bottom
2. Add second object, properties panel is now at default position (top)
since the new object is active
3. Select first object, properties panel is now scrolled to bottom (or
whever it was when that object was active)

If storing so many scroll states is impractical, or too unpredictable
from user perspective, what about scrolling down as close as possible to
the last set scroll state without displaying excess space at the expense
of other UI elements?
Then:
1. Select object huge modifier stack, scrolled to bottom
2. Add second object. Modifier panel scroll position is still set to
bottom, but blender doesn't scroll down since there are no UI elements
that low.
3. Select the first object. Scroll positon is still stored as "bottom",
and since there are now UI elements down there it will display as fully
scrolled down (as it was in step 1).

If in step 2 the user adds modifiers and changes the scroll positon,
that would overwrite the stored position.

>>> http://itcomp.org.ua
>>> http://b3d.org.ua

-gandalf3