[Bf-funboard] Side panels autoscroll

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Tue Jul 14 17:45:20 CEST 2015

Originally I thought of this as a bug, but I think care would need to
be taken to avoid the UI 'jumping':
Imagine the following scenario:

1- You have an object with a huge modifier stack, scrolled to the
bottom
2- You want to select or create another object (say an empty as the
'object' field for the modifier)
3- You then click back on your original object to add that field.

- Currently, you'll find the modifier stack scrolled to where you left
it, convenient for finishing the job.

- If we do auto scrolling on change in context The modifier stack will
(uselessly) scroll up when we create/select the empty. Clicking back,
we'll have to scroll back down to find our place.

- Conclusion:

Maybe this would require some design work, for instance: saving the
modifier scroll state (or other window scroll state) based on the
context ? or the selected object ? It would have to be generic enough
to be useful I guess. Perhaps there would still be annoying corner
cases, though...
Cheers
Bassam