[Bf-funboard] Node Editor/Sequencer Menu Tooltips

D Brown vilesyn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 00:49:38 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I was curious about the tooltip arrangement with the Node Editor and
Sequencer menus. The usual method is to mouse over whatever item in
the list, and a tooltip pops up. Unfortunately, if you are using
hotkeys, the tooltip pops up as soon as you choose a category. For
instance, if you are to add a shader (H), the tooltip automatically
pops up for the Mix Shader, covering the three options below it.

I know this isn't a big issue for most people I'm sure, but when
learning the hotkeys to create a faster workflow, it's quite annoying.
Here are a few ideas I've had:

1. Not show a tooltip when a category hotkey is pressed (probably not
an ideal option if such code does not already exist)

2. Offset the tooltips to where they show to the side of the menu

3. Make the default behavior not to select anything in the list until
an navigation key is pressed or mouse hovering over

Anyways, I'm just spitballing.

Thank you for your time.

-Dennis Brown