[Bf-funboard] Textures preview in "Open file" window

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 03:15:53 CET 2015

On 02/20/15 14:07, Knapp wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Maxim Tkachenko <malefic.max at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am talking not about that small thumbnails, but the full (or scaled to
>> some area or window) preview. Often (very often) textures seem  identical
>> on thumbnails. It is not enough (
>> Having a little  "preview" button would be fantastic!
>>
> Yes, I was sort of thinking the same thing the other day. I was in Blender
> and the thumbnail was to small. In KDE Dolphin you have a little slider on
> the side that lets you change the size of of the Thumbnail and that would
> be a great thing to have in Blender IMOHO.
For me dolphin previews .blend files, but the maximum thumbnail size is
256 pixels (the slider doesn't go any farther).
The blender thumbnails are clearly being up-sampled by dolphin at that
size anyway, so this probably doesn't really help..

I think perhaps a much larger image (maybe more on the order of >512
pixels) in a sort of side panel (opened with N?) which shows a preview
of the active file might be more useful..? This way you could use the
small thumbnails for finding a few files from a list of many files, then
the large preview to see more subtle details of the active file and pick
between the few files before opening.

--
-gandalf3