[Bf-funboard] Changing function names at the programmers level

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 08:51:03 CET 2015

I have been collecting ideas for Blender and I came across this problem.

"One problem I have with presets is that they are bound to hotkeys via
their index, which changes when new presets are added/removed. I created a
"select brush by name" operator as part of my somewhat-abandoned
sculpt/paint UX efforts:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...Workflow-Suite
<http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?268577-Addon-Sculpt-Paint-Workflow-Suite>
"

If this is correct, can't we give brushes and other resources that need to
be called by python scripts UUID?

"A. A Universally Unique Identifier <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UUID> (UUID)
is an identifier standard used in software construction, standardized by
the Open Software Foundation (OSF) as part of the Distributed Computing
Environment (DCE). The intent of UUIDs is to enable distributed systems to
uniquely identify information without significant central coordination.
Thus, anyone can create a UUID and use it to identify something with
reasonable confidence that the identifier will never be unintentionally
used by anyone for anything else. Information labeled with UUIDs can
therefore be later combined into a single database without needing to
resolve name conflicts."

Seems the perfect solution to these problems.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: