[Bf-funboard] Proposal: Cycles Solid Mode - Material Color = Viewport Color (Default)

Karl Kühberger karl.kuehberger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 20:53:20 CET 2015

He everyone!

I am used to assign some primitive materials to my
objects quite early in the modelling process (just plain
surface colors).

I know, that I can use „Material“ for Viewport Shading to
see the colors, but it is slower and far from fluent on older
computers. Therefore I prefer to work in Solid mode most
of the time. But in this case I have to copy the Material colors
to the Viewport colors in the Material properties.

My proposal:
The viewport color should be the same color per default.
There could be a checkbox in the User Preferences to deactivate it.

Cheers,
Karl