[Bf-funboard] Dynamic scaling Render Res for VSE playback

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:55:00 CET 2015

We have that in gooseberry and it works, but all effects misbehave.
Current effect framework assumes that all input buffers have the same
dimensions. We could use some sort of filtering instead - bilinear or
even no filtering (take the nearest texel), but quality would degrade.
Also I am just not certain if doing bilinear filtering would improve
or decrease the performance. More tests are needed here. Alternative
is to do all effect processing on GPU, where filtering comes for free,
but that's an even bigger change.