[Bf-funboard] VSE to compositor to VSE pipeline

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:01:21 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:44 PM, David McSween <3pointedit at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I understand you desire to use the VSE as an NLE but, Ton has already
> suggested that we should not expect effort to be placed in this direction.
> There are simply to many optimisations and UI changes required to bring it
> up to speed. No matter how close it may seem.
>
> However, anyone who uses external media in the VSE should be using the VSE
> addon Easy-Logging 2.0 from http://www.easy-logging.net It is an
> exceptional rethink of the current Blender architecture.
>
> It provides an interim solution for metadata tracking, like asset naming
> and allocation of in/out points etc.
>
> Back on topic, perhaps I could ask the author (Nicolas Priniotakis) if it
> would be practical to transfer VSE media information into image/movie
> datablocks?

He has been saying that for years and for years the users just keep using
it as a NLE! LOL, it is because there is nothing else out there to do the
job unless you want to run MS and pay for it. In any case it keeps very
slowly being pushed in the direction of NLE. The slow boiled frog never
jumps out. :-)

I can understand that he does not want to commit resources (people) to
making it a great NLE but I think it would be great to have.

--
Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.