[Bf-funboard] VSE to compositor to VSE pipeline

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:44:12 CEST 2015

I understand you desire to use the VSE as an NLE but, Ton has already
suggested that we should not expect effort to be placed in this direction.
There are simply to many optimisations and UI changes required to bring it
up to speed. No matter how close it may seem.

However, anyone who uses external media in the VSE should be using the VSE
addon Easy-Logging 2.0 from http://www.easy-logging.net It is an
exceptional rethink of the current Blender architecture.

It provides an interim solution for metadata tracking, like asset naming
and allocation of in/out points etc.

Back on topic, perhaps I could ask the author (Nicolas Priniotakis) if it
would be practical to transfer VSE media information into image/movie
datablocks?