[Bf-funboard] VSE to compositor to VSE pipeline

Olivier Haveloch olivierphoto03 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:13:37 CEST 2015

Hi David,

I agree that many use the VSE only to edit 3D renders down the pipe.
Yet the VSE is a very decent editing software as you know and if it
had a few extra features it could definitely become a professional
video editing software and it would be used a lot more than it is by
independent filmmakers. Going from an editing software to a
compositing software and back to the editing software is a very common
workflow when editing video, hence my suggestion to improve the VSE to
comp to VSE pipeline. Alternatively adding more features to the VSE
(as effect strips and/or adjustment layers) may be easier to
implement?
I will look into what you've suggested (Scene Render Layer Input
node/switching a scene strip in the VSE), have you done by any chance
a video tutorial on this? Your tutorials by the way are great!

Best,

Olivier