[Bf-funboard] Individual color channel display/edit

Julio Iglesias j at zafio.com
Thu Aug 20 19:14:54 CEST 2015

Hi!

Right now we can't display or edit individual color chanels (nor alpha) of
an image (at image editor or 3dview/texture paint mode).

So I would suggest:

@ Image Editor:
- In view mode, add individual R,G,B buttons following the RGB, RGBA and
alpha ones.
allowing the display of channel combinations (using SHIFT+Click, like in
Layers)

- In paint mode, same as above, plus an option to lock painting on selected
layers.
Usability wise, could be as simple as clicking twice, setting also an
alternative icon with a tiny lock. Or a single lock icon before the channel
icons. (although there is already one lock icon close to those, which could
and should be changed, for something like round cyclic arrows).
It should also be possible to map the channels to hotkeys.

@ 3D View
- In Texture Paint mode:
In the paint slot list, for each slot, before the enable/disable checkbox,
add also individual R,G,B & A checkboxes or buttons. If not possible,
buttons outside of the list would be better than nothing. Perhaps the
locking option should be also implemented there.

I'm sure I forgot something and probably needs more thinking but... I'll
leave it there, and if someone is willing to implement this, I'm willing to
give the idea some polishing.

Regards.